Re: User password heads up, RFC

On viernes 4 de julio de 2014 09h'17:17 ART, Michael Terry wrote:
Hello!  I'm looking at enabling passwords for users in Touch.  One thing
this means is that we probably shouldn't keep setting the user's default
password to 'phablet', since customers won't expect that.  :)

Before I changed the system to use a blank password by default, I wanted to
give a heads up.  It will mean that you can't use sudo over ssh (but I will
patch phablet-shell to allow sudo without a password to work around that).

Maybe there are other side effects I don't know about?  Let me know if so.

You safest bet to making sure nothing breaks is to have Andy run a full ci test from the silo (with the updated tools).

There's a lot of sudo going on there; from root, but I'm not sure if they have something that goes the other way around.

Cheers.