Building in an arm chroot with Qt Creator

Hi all,

Previously, I had built binaries for armhf in my own chroot. But it's really out of date, so I thought I'd give the new system built into Qt Creator a try. Following the instructions [1], I got the chroot got built correctly, as far as I can tell, but when go to add a kit based on it to my project, the relevant kit is greyed out. Hovering over it, I get a warning message that "No Qt version set in kit". Sure enough, when I select it in the "Manage Kits..." dialog, no Qt version is selected. The only two available, however, are "Qt 5.0.2 in PATH (System)" and "Qt 5.0.2 (qt5)". Neither will work, though, since both are for x86 (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gn/qt5/bin/qmake). I've tried to add another Qt version with the path to the armhf version of qmake in the chroot, but the dialog won't accept that, since that path doesn't exist in the current filesystem. What am I doing wrong?

If it matters, I'm on Ubuntu 14.04, upgraded from 12.04, using the SDK team PPA.

Thanks,
Robert

P.S. Is Qt Creator not supposed to have a menu any more? It makes step one of [1] rather hard when you don't have a "Tools" menu!

[1] http://developer.ubuntu.com/apps/sdk/tutorials/building-cross-architecture-click-applications/

Follow ups