Re: Status update: Planned changes to the developer mode/adb access

Marc Deslauriers [2014-07-07 17:34 -0400]:
> We also asked that adb refuse connections if the screen is locked. Is this
> implemented?

All the other bits (requiring changing of password etc.) already make
it rather hard for automating tests, but as there is currently *no*
way of programmatically unlocking the screen, and even if there was it
would require adb, it seems we need a way to install the phone with
that disabled. I. e. build the "testing mode" right into
ubuntu-device-flash which disables passwords and enables adb/root/etc.
Is that feasible? At that point we have full root/boot loader access
anyway so this is pretty much the only time when we can configure
this?

Thanks,

Martin