Unity8 & Mir update Jul 8, 2014

   -

   Latest in Unity8 ui
   -

      Qt compositor testing underway while updates and bug fixing continue
      -

      continued working on scope customization ability
      -

      landing in-call prompt
      -

      continued work on (in process) greeter enabling the telephony on top
      (e.g. emergency dialing)
      -

      design updates for the launcher
      -

      scope overview work resumed
      -

      transfer indicator landed
      -

      added preliminary support for notification LED
      -

      preliminary payment support in previews landed
      -

      enabled caching of network requests in the shell
      -

   Latest in Mir
   -

      landed Mir0.4.0
      -

      Worked on follow-up trusted helper/prompt session topics from
      discussions with securtiy team
      -

      continued work on cursor renderable, to add a touch point graphic (to
      help with AP/monkey testing)
      -

      began some refactoring of unity-system-compositor, clean up the code
      base, adding more tests (will also help isolate u-s-c from mir internal
      client i/f changes)
      -

      continued working on life cycle events for nested servers, demo
      server done now adding tests
      -

      restarted some work for mir on qemu, looking to use qxl driver working
      -

      began the client fencing optimization work we’ve had on the todo list
      - restarted discussion on aborting & core dumping MP that we need to
      conclude