Landing team 09.07.14

Hello everyone!

Sadly, the recent landings (most probably the UITK one) made our test
results look a bit worse, so our earlier worries were legit. It seems
some applications still need their tests fixed to accommodate the
toolkit changes, but both QA and the upstream teams are working hard on
getting those resolved. The dream of a completely green image is still
alive, but we might wait for that to happen a little bit longer.

Another bad news is that our dogfooders have just identified a new
blocking issue. Dave filled in a bug for it [1], mentioning that it was
already present in the last promoted image. We apologize for that, but
it's hard to definitely catch such not-always-reproducible issues before
promotion...

In any way, please be aware that even when running the devel image #119
you can experience rare hang-ups on the welcome screen. When that
happens, the only way to get unity8 back working is either rebooting
your phone or killing/restarting unity8 through adb/shell. We are
currently investigating this issue with top priority and will update you
whenever a fix is in the works.

In the meantime, please consult our list below:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/122.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/121.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/120.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#122 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/122:20140709.1:20140709/8958/
#121 mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/121:20140709:20140709/8946/
#120 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/120:20140708.2:20140708/8940/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Blocking issues:

** [1] Device locks randomly on welcome screen
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1339700
 -> Serious issue! Investigating, but it's hard to debug as there is no
crash associated with this hang-up...

* Known issues:

** mtp-server crash when transferring music on #15
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtp/+bug/1317263
 -> Very old bug but gains on importance in the upcoming days

** Ringer only ringing once after upgrade to u94
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1334248
 -> Caused by some race condition, rarely reproducible, whitelisted from
the blocker list by QA

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
blocker as it is with us already since some time. Mathieu is working on it.

* Issues not impacting user experience

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 20/7 - Whitelisted]
 -> The crash will never happen in a normal environment, so we decided
to whitelist the problem. But a fix is in the works nevertheless.

** indicator-location crashing during default, sdk and click_image_tests
tests on smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-location/+bug/1338610
[Time counter 3/7]
 -> Charles is looking into this one

** unity8 crashed with SIGSEGV in
mir::frontend::ClientBufferTracker::client_has()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1339610
[Time counter 1/7]
 -> This problem has caused some rare test failures in smoketesting,
rarely reproducible it seems

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak