Re: Landing team 09.07.14

Hello!

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <
lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sadly, the recent landings (most probably the UITK one) made our test
> results look a bit worse, so our earlier worries were legit. It seems
> some applications still need their tests fixed to accommodate the
> toolkit changes, but both QA and the upstream teams are working hard on
> getting those resolved. The dream of a completely green image is still
> alive, but we might wait for that to happen a little bit longer.

We have been trying to make the UITK release process less painful and less
prone to errors. We are not there yet, so please excuse the regressions on
the tests. And thanks for the people that has been working today to get
them back to green.

It's not easy because everything depends on the toolkit, and many of the
tests are not written to allow room for change. The hardest things that we
are finding are how to deprecate helpers for features that are deprecated
on the toolkit, and how to update them when there's a new component version
on the toolkit. It helps a lot when apps are using the helpers directly
from the toolkit, so for this cycle we are implementing the missing helpers
and we are refactoring many tests to use them. There's also an item to make
autopilot rely less on the name of the QML components:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/autopilot/+bug/1337004

This will get better and the toolkit releases will be less scary every week.

pura vida.