Re: RTM silo management in CI Train

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 1:08 AM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
<lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We could then simply extend the spreadsheet to include 20 additional
> sheets, each named landing-rtm-001 etc. - no additional philosophy.

Actually I was really hoping that we could move this in the opposite
direction. The spreadsheet is already hard to navigate with 22 tabs
(even on my huge widescreen, not all tabs fit on one screen, and
scrolling the tabs is very clumsy). It's occurred to me that all we
need to do is add a testing:pass/fail column to the pending tab, and
we can pretty well do away with all the per-silo tabs. Then we don't
need 42 tabs to represent 40 silos, we just need 2 tabs (Pending +
Archive) to represent 42 silos.

> Doing that and changing the fields to include a 'distribution' field are
> easy. It would make the spreadsheet less readable, yes, but I always
> preferred thinking of it as the 'database', not the presentation layer -
> especially since we've got Robert's dashboard now.

Yeah, my dashboard is another reason that the per-silo tabs are
largely obsolete, needed only to mark whether testing was done, not
needed for the jenkins buttons.