Re: Community participation

On ĵaŭ, 2014-07-17 at 01:46 +0200, Mathijs Veen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Oliver Propst
> <oliver.propst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Mozilla for example have a program where community members and
>         developers can get testing devices[2] [3], is there any plans
>         for for
>         similar initiative around Ubuntu Phones?

I'd also add that this seems completely unnecessary for Ubuntu given the
proliferation of Android devices, and the support on these devices. I
believe most of the popular Android devices are supported, either by
Canonical or with a community image.

And, it's so easy to set up, simply plug the phone in on developer mode
and run one command on your computer and everything is downloaded and
installed. From what I've seen of others getting Firefox OS running on a
phone, it's a much more complicated and technical method, which perhaps
requires more effort in getting testing devices to developers.