What's the plan with docking a phone to a tablet?

Hi all, I'm a long-time Ubuntu user and really excited to have an Ubuntu
phone in my hand by the end of the year.  From what I've seen, you're doing
an awesome job!

I've seen mention of docking a phone to a tablet (possibly on a video with
Mark?).  I'm guessing that it won't be something available in the first
public release, but when you get to it how to you anticipate it working?
 Would it be an actual tablet also running Ubuntu, that is just synced to
the storage on the phone?  Or would it be a special dumb touchscreen
(rather than an actual tablet) that the phone just plugs into and the
software continues to run on the phone itself - much like docking with an
external monitor?

The reason I ask is I'm looking into buying an Android tablet and would
like to future-proof myself for when docking becomes possible.

Thanks!
Steve

Follow ups