Re: What's the plan with docking a phone to a tablet?

On 08/03/2014 11:41 AM, Steve Smith wrote:
I didn't realise portable USB-powered touchscreens existed, they look
fab.  Definitely the way to go once Mir supports dual screen.

They do, but the ones demonstrated are almost certainly HDMI. The phone supports a sort of mini HDMI connector called MTR if I'm not mistaken. I haven't gotten around to buying an adapter yet.

Obviously, the video you saw was just a mockup. But they have shown Ubuntu for Android and it worked beautifully. The only reason that never came out is that it has to be tailored for each individual phone model and OEMs didn't bite. What a shame.

I think I'll go for a Nexus 10 so I can have a play with Ubuntu on it
then go back to Android for day to day use for now :).  Thanks for the
advice!

Hopefully you can use MultiROM Manager or otherwise dual boot. Being able to jump back and forth and enjoy both operating systems is definitely convenient and fun!

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines