Re: Developer mode, ADB and SSH

hi,
Am Montag, den 04.08.2014, 14:22 +0200 schrieb Steve Langasek:

> In order to be able to do automated testing, there must be a way to
> provision phones using ubuntu-device-flash such that adb is enabled from the
> beginning, because interacting with the screen is not an option.
>
> Since this provisioning option must exist, should this be used automatically
> within the SDK when provisioning emulator instances?

yes, this option already exists in ubuntu-device-flash ... we are still
missing a few password related bits that we can only solve once the
password handling actually works (it landed but there are bugs that
prevent you from using it atm)

today there already is --developer-mode for ubuntu-device-flash, this
will be extended by a --password="..." option which will be required for
--developer-mode to work ...

i know that the QA/CI teams already worked out a way to drop a snippet
into /etc/sudoers.d that makes it easy to allow sudo for all tests ...

ciao
	oli