Re: SDK Team status update - 05.08

On 08/08/2014 05:00 AM, Alex Chiang wrote:
Hi Christian,

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Christian Dywan
<christian.dywan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm a very practical person. Just try this (example attached):

env APP_ID=uitk XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/tmp qmlscene settings.qml

Et voilá the settings go where you expect them.
The line above creates:

/tmp/qt-project.org/uitk.conf

For the same reason there's no issue with apparmor.
I would agree that on the phone, u-a-l sets XDG_CONFIG_HOME to ~/.config/

However, the path is still ~/.config/qt-project.org/$APP_ID.conf

This *will* result in AppArmor denial since an app cannot access
~/.config/qt-project.org/*

So how are apps supposed to change that path to be something like
"~/.config/$APP_ID/$APP_ID.conf" ? A working example in QML would be
great.

For me it seems that the settings are stored under the $XDG_CONFIG_HOM/[Application's organization Domain]/ and since the application in fact is the qmlscene it goes to the qt-project.org.

The question is if there is (or should be) a QML API for QCoreApplication::setOrganizationDomain() to work this problem around.

The best is to talk to the upstream devs and and ask them about the path scheme for settings.

Zoltan