preferred test framework for C++ backends?

Hi,

I'm seeking an opinion for which testing framework to use in a
Qt-flavored C++ library.

I've seen some Ubuntu phone projects use GTest, such as
lp:unity-scope-click and lp:ubuntu-download-manager.

Are there any that use QtTest?

TBH, the two frameworks seem fairly similar in functionality, so this
seems more like a social issue than a technology issue.

We don't have any special requirements. We just want to do what is
most popular and whatever the platform recommends, in order to
minimize the friction for potential outside developers to contribute
to our code.

Thanks.

Follow ups