Makos don't always enter bootloader with 'adb reboot-bootloader'

Hello,

I've seen a recent increase of this issue on the CI makos [1]. The basic
scenario is that immediately after running a test, the device is reflashed
and made ready for the next test. This involves:

adb -s $SERIAL reboot-bootloader
ubuntu-device-flash --serial $SERIAL --channel ubuntu-touch/utopic-proposed
--bootstrap

A portion of the time 'reboot-bootloader' does not work and the device
performs what looks like a reboot. It show up as a device with 'adb
devices'. Sometimes trying again works, sometimes a few cycles of
reboot/reboot-bootloader works and sometimes I give up and have to have the
device rebooted via button pushes.

Is this a known issue? Are there any logs or debug info that could be
provided? I'm attempting to work around the issue with some simple retry
logic, but that's not 100% effective.

[1] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/android-tools/+bug/1359488

Thanks,
Francis
--
Francis Ginther
Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering - Continuous Integration Team