Landing team 25.08.14

Hi everyone!

No promotion so far. We are still working on precisely defining all the
rules and procedures for ubuntu-rtm and promotions for this
distribution, so things might look a bit chaotic right now on our IRC
channels. But no worries, all is going fine. We're anyway still blocked
by many many blocking regressions so no promotion is currently possible.

One issue related to the recent click landing caused some problems in
certain components such as UITK. Due a change that makes it impossible
to install click packages locally using pkcon install-local, which some
projects rely on heavily, we have decided to temporarily revert this
landing to give us some time to actually find a proper solution.

We have also had many discussions regarding our QA criteria for
landings. Those might change soon - but all final decisions will be
publicly announced.

On the ubuntu-rtm CI Train front: we are working on making the
RTM-landing process easier for RTM-focused projects. Some changes that
we're working on right now might make life easier whenever someone has a
project in which, practically, all changes to trunk need to land in
ubuntu-rtm. It won't 'fix the world', but might make the trip a bit more
enjoyable for now!

Anyway, the list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/207.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/206.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/205.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#207 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/207:20140825:20140811.1/9930/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** systemd-shim fails to handle cgmanager being unavailable
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1357252
 -> We have been told to only whitelist this for one promotion, so now
it's a blocker. Currently the archive has the u-a-l revert (no cgroups
support), but it seems to be a crucial feature.

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present

** Many autopilot tests do not take into account the dual SIM overlay
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359045

** unity8 crashed with SIGABRT in _nl_find_locale()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359846
 -> This most probably causes serious issues during phone-calls on krillin

** Location trust service is not started on image 203
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359866
 -> No movement here yet.

** Can't manually install clicks "Signature verification error" since #205
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1360582
 -> Currently a blocker as it causes issues in the UITK stack - requires
some QA analysis. Revert of the landing prepared.

** dragging files in nautilus onto an SD card does not work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1361181

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** In about Phone if you select OS hit back and select something else
that goes to a new page it crashes the app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1349326
 -> A possible blocker, but QA for now decided not to block on a fix for it

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** unity8 crashed with SIGSEGV in
mir::frontend::ClientBufferTracker::client_has()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1339610
[Time counter 34/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> This problem has caused some rare test failures in smoketesting,
rarely reproducible it seems. Is this still valid? Might be related to
one of our blockers.

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 10/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

Cheers!

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak