ubuntu-device-flash/system-image server preparation

I found this page [1] which details the setup of the system-image server
suitable for OTA upgrades. I believe the ubuntu-device-flash utility also
uses the same set of files to install a new phone/tablet from scratch.

However it is very unclear how to prepare the files from a fresh build
(`lunch` followed by `make`) ready for the system-image server utilities to
build into delta and full flashable images.

I want to provide system-image server ota updates and files suitable for
ubuntu-device-flash to use for ease of installing my port to reinstate
support for the galaxy-nexus/maguro, but the complete lack of information
on how to prepare files for ubuntu-device-flash from a freshly compiled
source-tree is holding me back.

All the instructions for porters say to use rootstock-ng for installing a
newly minted port to test, yet the instructions for users say to use
ubuntu-device-flash to install "an image" onto their devices. This is
obviously a major disconnect that needs rectifying with a set of
instructions for porters explaining how to take files output by the build
and turn them into a format installable by the recommended
ubuntu-device-flash. Without this information many ports are saying "use
rootstock-ng to install this port onto your device" which I believe is
probably preventing some would-be new users from getting ubuntu-touch onto
their phone/tablet.

--
There was an email several months ago specifically about the dropping of
support for the galaxy nexus which requested that somebody write up details

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ImageBasedUpgrades/ServerSetup

--
Daniel Llewellyn