Landing team 04.09.14

Hello everyone,

Not too many direct blocker-related landings today. We also had a
problem with getting smoketesting results for our ubuntu-rtm images as
well. It seems the recent mir landing that got synced to RTM actually
required a new unity8 to properly unlock the screen during tests. From
the user point of view all was ok, but autopilot testing couldn't be
properly performed on the infrastructure. Thankfully QA signed-off an
unity8 landing to ubuntu-rtm and it got released to the archive. All
that remains is building a new image.

But the overall situation looks similar as before - almost all blockers
are under control with merges ready to land. Good!

Once we're completely unblocked and all the required changes are in
ubuntu-rtm already, we will proceed to doing a final promotion dogfooding.
Click package merges are now unblocked as well, with popey and others
doing a great job of getting the number of pending merges down as much
as possible.

As a side note - we have been informed that the developer-mode changes
might get finally deployed today still. We don't expect any issues with
that, but please be on a lookout for announcements regarding that.

Have a nice day!

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/221.commitlog

#15 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/15.commitlog
#14 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/14.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#220 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/221:20140904:20140903.1/10199/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** Sometimes input breaks and only edges are responsive
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1295623
 => Merge requests present
 -> It should land soon, it's next in the unity8 queue.

** upstart can race with cgmanager when using remove-on-empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1357252
 => Merge requests present
 -> We have been told to only whitelist this for one promotion, so now
it's a blocker. Currently the archive has the u-a-l revert (no cgroups
support), but it seems to be a crucial feature.

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

** Location trust service is not started on image 203
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359866
 -> No direct movement here, but recently prepared location changes
might be indirectly fixing this issue.

** Can't manually install clicks "Signature verification error" since #205
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1360582
[Time counter 8/7]
 => Merge requests present
 -> Landing reverted. Packagekit changes landed, now only UITK changes
need to happen.

** dragging files in nautilus onto an SD card does not work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1361181
[Time counter 8/7]
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** In about Phone if you select OS hit back and select something else
that goes to a new page it crashes the app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1349326
 -> A possible blocker, but QA for now decided not to block on a fix for it

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** unity8 crashed with SIGSEGV in
mir::frontend::ClientBufferTracker::client_has()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1339610
[Time counter 42/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> This problem has caused some rare test failures in smoketesting,
rarely reproducible it seems. Is this still valid? Might be related to
one of our blockers.

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 18/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304

Best regards,