ANN: changes in adb behavior

hi,

last night the new adb landed in the utopic image (rtm to follow later
today) as part of the new  developer mode option.  one security
requirement of this is that adb does not start if there is no password
set and that it only lets you in as phablet user (to protect sudo
access)

from image 223 upwards adb shell as phablet-shell will log you in as the
pahblet user, in case you have any scripts that assume root access you
need to change them.

there is one known bug that will be fixed asap (which allows dev mode in
the UI to stay on even without password set (adbd will still block
though)) which seems to have a slight impact on mtp either turn dev mode
off completely in the UI or set a password to work around this for the
time being. [1]

please make sure to have the latest phablet-tools installed, they should
have all necessary changes to handle the new situation.

if you use phablet-config writable-image with one of the package install
options, please note the new -s (--sudopasswd) option, all package
related actions now need the password handed over on the commandline.

to flash a fresh device immediately with developer mode (for scripted
testing etc), ubuntu-device-flash grew two new options that you
can/should use together to get the device with already enabled developer
mode running:

--developer-mode and --password=

if you run into any other issues, please let me know (quickest is to
find me on irc.freenode.net in the #ubuntu-touch channel), file bugs
(and feel free to assign them directly to me) or answer here ...

ciao
	oli

[1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1365903