ANNOUNCEMENT: Landing team - a few minor enhancements and suggestions to the train

Hey everyone,

So, we have just landed a few enhancements to the newly added sync:
feature in CI Train. There are also some other propositions/suggestions
that we have to all landers, QA members and landing team people using
the spreadsheet that we would like to propose here. Please read on!

 **
 * Silo sync enhancements
 **

The silo sync requests have been improved slightly. Most of the changes
are related to the ones that are configured with the 'sync:<silonumber>'
syntax. The few noticeable changes are:
 - The sync silo now notices whenever the source silo is freed and will
retarget itself to Ubuntu now in such a case. This means it is now
basically safe to build a sync silo anytime, without worrying that we
might pull in unwanted packages if the source silo got freed (and got
assigned to something completely different in the meantime).
 - Silo sync landings will now update the source packages list that it
pulls in from the source silo - which makes them possible to view on the
dashboard.
 - Silo sync request silos can now be freely reconfigured by landing
team members
 - You can now specify which specific packages you want to sync from a
silo in a silo sync request. In the past it was only possible in distro
and PPA synces. If no sources are listed, all contents of a silo are
fetched as before. This can be reconfigured in a silo anytime.

The overall syntax stays the same. The feature itself might still have
some issues, but we tried testing as many cases as possible. If you have
any problems, please feel free to contact someone from the current
trainguards.
Please be aware that some sync silos might require reassigning to get
those features though.

There are sill some issues remaining. There are many corner-cases and
not all of them can be easily handled automatically. But at least we're
going in the right direction.

 **
 * Suggestion about comments in the spreadsheet
 **

We all hate the spreadsheet. But while it's still there let's at least
try organizing ourselves in it as best as we can. Sometimes it can be
troublesome when someone leaves a comment and then no one knows when it
was added and by who. Google tools cannot help us here sadly. So we
would like to propose a scheme for all comments included in the spreadsheet:

nick/<date in the form of YYYYMMDD>: comment

e.g.

sil/20140905: blocked by silo 4

This way it will be more or less clear when and who entered the comment.
It might take a bit more space but it might be useful, especially when
leaving messages. We have been using it in the past already and it
helped out in communication.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Best regards,

--