Landing team 22.09.14

Hi everyone,

The fix for the newly found krillin UITK issue still didn't land in
ubuntu-rtm. Testing is ongoing and we expect QA to sign off the
mentioned landing till the end of today so that it's in the next image.
We also were a bit under-staffed in regards to QA in the UE timezone but
things should go back to the previous state tomorrow. Let's consider an
image promotion in the morning!

We also continue triaging some of the autopilot issues we were seeing in
our utopic images - the search is still ongoing. Some tests suites don't
seem to list (and run) all the AP tests (with the rest anyway failing
with dbus errors), and some tests - like unity8 - seem to hang and block
all smoketesting tests.
There are some clues pointing into the media-hub direction [1], but
we're not sure if the two issues are related to each other. We would
appreciate some help in finding the root causes of both. We might start
seeing the same failures in RTM as well if our theories related to
media-hub are true, since we have just synced the package versions.

But anyway, we had many landings happening also during the weekend in
RTM so there are more goodies to be expected there.

Just a quick note: we are currently a bit low on silos on both Ubuntu
and Ubuntu-RTM fronts, so please - if you have a silo assigned, be sure
to test it and set your landings as 'Tested' as soon as possible.
Thanks!

Check out our neat list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#250 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/250.commitlog
#249 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/249.commitlog
#248 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/248.commitlog
#247 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/247.commitlog

#54 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/54.commitlog
#53 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/53.commitlog
#52 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/52.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#250 utopic/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/250:20140922:20140919.1/10615/
#49 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/49:20140922:20140919.1/10618/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** Video and Music scopes should provide non-file:/// based URIs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1340952
 => Merge requests present
 -> Fix landed in both ubuntu and ubuntu-rtm - just need confirmation
that it's indeed fixed

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304
[Time counter 12/7]
 -> Whitelisting potential.

** Icons black in gallery from krillin #45
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1371509
 => Merge requests present
 -> Fix ready, waiting for QA sign-off

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** initial account after creation transfers back to the settings app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1367804
 => Merge requests present

**
unity8.indicators.tests.test_indicators.IndicatorExistsTestCase.test_indicator_exists
hangs on mako #245 #246
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1371454

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 30/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx