Re: disable mobile data from indicators

On 23.09.2014 13:10, Sid Payton wrote:
> ;)
> I thought maybe the designers had a good reason for not including it.
> For me it's a much missed feature on all the plattforms (Android, iOS).
> I have to turn it on and off. Especially with Ubuntu Touch on it because
> it drains my data plan way too fast. Don't know what's that all about :(

Yes, the design team must do concrete decisions to what to include and
what to leave out. As a developer of i-network there are couple of
things I would like to have there as well, but it's actually better that
somebody else makes the decisions on that as otherwise the indicator
would contain the stuff *I* personally need and my needs are not always
the best subset of features for a regular smart phone user :)

The designs can be changed, of course, and to do that I would ask you to
file a wishlist bug against indicator-network[0] in LP where you
describe what you would like to see in the indicator and why you think
it's a good idea to have the feature there for everyone.

This way when we do our next round of indicator designs we can use these
requests to aid us on doing the decisions and sometimes even
compromises. Having input and requests from our users and community is
highly appreciated.

Thanks!

 -- Antti

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-network/+filebug