Re: Webapp options deprecated?

On 06/10/14 22:11, Olivier Tilloy wrote:
On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 5:44 AM, Mitchell Reese
<projects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Seem to be running into various errors with the most recent version of the
sdk, and the webapp template. Am getting lots of errors, most noticeably
below:

/usr/bin/webapp-container: unrecognized option '--enable-back-forward'

/usr/bin/webapp-container: unrecognized option '--store-session-cookies'

/usr/bin/webapp-container: unrecognized option
'--webappUrlPatterns=https?://*.arstechnica.com/*'
The warnings about unrecognized options are misleading but can be
safely ignored (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/qtubuntu/+bug/1244616).

<Unknown File>: WARNING: the use of the Ubuntu.Components.Extras.Browser
namespace is deprecated, please consider updating your applications to
import Ubuntu.Web instead.
This one is https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1377885,
for which I just submitted a fix. In the meantime it can also be
safely ignored. Thanks for reporting!

The webapp url patterns no longer work - the test-site I'm using (Ars
Technica) is no longer working with these options - instead of staying in
the webapp container it opens articles in the browser. Has something been
deprecated with the webapp containers, and does the webapp template in the
sdk need to be updated? Is there a work around for the time being?
That’s unexpected, there hasn’t been any important changes in the URL
patterns handling that I’m aware of. Can you please file a bug and
attach your webapp’s configuration, together with detailed steps to
reproduce the issue?

Thanks,

  Olivier
Strange - I'll check my code before I file any bugs. If nothing has changed, the most likely scenario is I'm doing something wrong... have found the url patterns with webapps to be a dark art in any case, so will have a play and see if I can get a better handle on it. Thanks again for your reply.

Mitchell