Landing team 10.10.14

Hello everyone,

And so ends another busy week. Today we had a lot of landings happening,
with QA doing and excellent job getting the backlog of silos needing
sign-off down to basically one. Thanks!

We need to slowly start putting more pressure on getting our
smoketesting situation better though. Right now we have a lot of
failures, some probably related to screen unlocking and/or different
issues. But please - if you are an upstream developer, PLEASE check the
dashboard (both touch and touch_stable) for failures and fix.

/!\ A quick notice to landers: please make sure to sync your changes to
the other archive! Make sure that all your changes are in utopic and, if
required, in 14.09 as well! Let's keep the delta as low as possible.

Today we also deployed some changes to the CI Train that are not
completely ready for overall usage, but might make everyone's life
easier. We are experimenting with a new landing approach - such that a
lander gets 1 silo (utopic in this case) which builds the package for
testing both ubuntu and ubuntu-rtm, and then can be released to both
ubuntu and ubuntu-rtm. This way things will be less confusing and the
delta of changes between distros might get smaller.
All the backend bits are in place (and nothing seems to be broken), but
we are still working on the frontend pieces. We might do a test-run for
some projects next week.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#276 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/276.commitlog

#96 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/96.commitlog
#95 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/95.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#275 utopic/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/275:20141009:20140929.1/10878/
#81 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/81:20141010.1:20140929.1/10895/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** unity8-dash should be excluded from app lifecycle management
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1379296
[Time counter 1/7]
 => Merge requests present
 -> A fix is on the horizon, this might make the overall situation much
better!

* Known issues:

** Phablet album art not coming through from media-hub
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1373312
[Time counter 7/7]

** Previous & Next buttons not hooked up in media-hub
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1373313
[Time counter 7/7]

** turned off wifi to test 3g I see H in the indicator but I recieve
nothing from the system
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1378416
[Time counter 3/7]

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** OAuth based plug-ins appear to crash under poor network connectivity
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1349975
[Time counter 5/7]

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 44/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304
[Time counter 26/7]
[WHITELISTED]