More keyboard alternatives

Hi

I am located in Norway have been running Ubuntu RTM 4 and now Ubuntu RTM 5 on my Nexus 4 for a couple of weeks now. The way things look now, I am almost ready to migrate completely to this platform and ditch my old Android device. One of the things that makes me hold off is the lack of a Norwegian keyboard alternative.

Is there any way I could contribute to implementing a couple more keyboard alternatives for Ubuntu Touch, namely Norwegian and Icelandic keyboards?

I should point out that I am not very experienced, but given the right links to guides/tutorials/examples outlining how, where, and when to contribute, I would very much like to try. Would anyone care to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Best regards,
Ari Börde Kröyer

Follow ups