Re: GMail notifications and account-polld

Thanks a lot. This works perfectly for me. Please allow me to ask one more question. Can I restart the account-polld process somehow after installing the new package or do I always need to reboot?

Regarding the issues I found: Often, when there is an issue with polling the mail server (which happens quite often, partially due to a bug in the go language), account-polld will stop polling the server for this account until the next reboot. I'm using this launchpad branch to push my changes to my Nexus 4 for building the packages I test: https://code.launchpad.net/~nikwen/account-polld/bug-fixes Whilst the current version works around a major bug I encountered, it's definitely not ready yet. I'll keep working on it and will submit the patch with a better commit message later. The only problem is that account-polld runs in five minute intervals so debugging is quite time-consuming...

Thanks again. :)

Niklas