Re: GMail notifications and account-polld

Care to share what you see going wrong, and what you think will fix
it? I'm interested in what you found.

The easiest way to build it on the phone is to get the build
dependencies through apt, for which yes you need a writeable image.
Once you've got that, the easiest (but not quickest) way of building
it is just "dpkg-buildpackage" (you might want to install fakeroot
though). It's also possible to build it by hand, but it's a faff.