Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Vivid and ubuntu-rtm landing procedures

On viernes 24 de octubre de 2014 10h'03:01 EDT, Nekhelesh Ramananthan wrote:
Hi Lukasz, I am curious as to how core apps which are currently distributed as click packages in the ubuntu touch store can accommodate the process you described. For instance in the clock app, we currently have trunk where all the development (features and bug fixes) go into. While it is easy to have a separate branch for vivid (trunk) and ubuntu-rtm (14.09), the ubuntu touch store does not allow for two click packages of the same application. So If I do make use of new Ubuntu SDK features in vivid, then I am essentially dropping support for ubuntu-rtm since the click package produced will have a higher framework than what will be shipped with the bq and meizu devices.

I have brought this issue earlier, but it didn't seem critical at the time. But now that we have a so called stable series (ubuntu-rtm) and a development series (vivid) both of which needs to be supported in parallel, I am not sure how to proceed.

click packages, to this date, only care about the "framework" it supports.

So if the click is meant to be used on things out in the wild, sticking to the latest supported framework that was added to rtm (14.10) is what you should be done. In other words this means you can add features to the clock that don't depend on new platform features.

Cheers
Sergio