Landing team 03.11.14

Hello everyone!

Good news! As per earlier announcement we promoted a new image to the
ubuntu-rtm/14.09 channel! Please enjoy image #6 (previously known as
#140 for krillin, #118 for mako and #112 for x86).

What to expect in this newly promoted image?
 * Stability fixes
 * Power usage decreased (one issue remaining)
 * Automation fixes
 * Critical bug fixes
 * HUD dropped from the images
 * Orientation fixes for video playback
 * New Unity8, UITK, core-apps
 * Many other important critical changes!

This image has a few known issues that still need fixing in the nearest
days. Please be aware that:
 * User metrics can no longer be changed by a double-tap
 * Large CPU usage in media-hub in certain cases
 * Occasional Unity8 crashes

Because of those we plan on promoting another image as soon as possible
if those issues get fixed. But no worries - no freezes required this
time. The landing gates will remain opened until the next serious promotion!

Once again big thanks to everyone involved!

Remember: we only land critical approved bugfixes for 14.09. In the
meantime, please also mind your tests. We need to bring our automation
back to quality.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#7 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/7.commitlog
#6 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/6.commitlog
#5 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/5.commitlog

#140 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/140.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#7 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/7:20141103:20141017.2/11215/

#118 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/118:20141031.1:20141017.2/11190/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] Apps and services use large amount of CPU after unity8
resets
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1380848

** [TOPBLOCKER] User metrics can no longer be changed by double tap
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1388359
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

N/A

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak