Re: [Scopes] Responding to preview actions

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Michi Henning <michi.henning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ScopeBase::perform_action is what is called by the run time if you have registered one or more buttons, that is, if your preview includes a PreviewWidget of type "actions". You return an instance derived from ActivationQueryBase from perform_action. The ActivationQueryBase has an activate() method that you implement. The job of activate() is to tell the dash what to do in response to the button press. If you want to run a new query, you return an ActivationResponse from activate() with a status of PerformQuery, by constructing the ActivationResponse from a CannedQuery. The shell runs that query in response to the button press.

Thanks for the explanation. I think I'm doing everything you said, but I'm not getting any response. As best I can tell, Scope::perform_action is never being called. If some one can take a look at my code [1] and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Robert

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~rschroll/+junk/multiples