Re: Call for Music Remix testing - new build

Hi again,

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Music app developers have been working hard recently with the
> Canonical Design Team to revamp the Music app we ship on devices. A
> small group of us have been using and QA testing this but we wanted
> some wider user testing as everyone seems to have different usage
> patterns when it comes to music.

We have a new build of the Music App Remix available for testing!
Please download and follow the instructions as per the previous mail:-

https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg10380.html

The new click package can be found at:-

http://people.canonical.com/~alan/music_remix/20141112/trunk/com.ubuntu.music_2.0.736_all.click

Changes include:-

* Fix for db locking issue when using urlhandler
* Rewrite the ColumnFlow.qml to use incubation to create objects and
set offscreen cards as invisible. Fixes:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387816.
* Fix for playlist deletion in recent DB.
* Update the fix for catching a renamed playlist in the recent tab.
Fixes: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1386940.
* Set the sourceSize of the CoverGrid to the Thumbnailer's 'xlarge'
default. Fixes: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391368.
* Use art property for playlists.
* Show the playlist empty state when in the 'Select playlist' page.
Fixes: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1390798.
* Do not pop existing pages from page stack when returning from Now
Playing/Queue. Fixes: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1390249.
* Produce immediate visual feedback by brightening list item when
pressed. Fixes: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1390651.

If you find bugs, feel free to use the launchpad bug tracker:-

https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app

Source code is on launchpad if you're inclined to fix bugs yourself :)

https://code.launchpad.net/~music-app-dev/music-app/remix

Many thanks!

Alan Pope
Technical Project Manager