Landing team 13+14.11.14

hi,

After some back and forth and three candidate rebuilds during the last
two days we actually managed to promote image #8 to the ubuntu-rtm/devel
channel today; with awesome QA test results. Two images in one week,
this is quite special and new and this image #8 is even our release
candidate for the golden milestone !!!

QA has done an astonishing job with tireless efforts to test the
different candidates and giving a hand in making decisions for some
really nasty bugs and fixes we had during the last days, kudos for so
much passion !

In some meetings between product team, landing team and QA there were
some changes to the planned path to our golden milestone image defined
which was originally planned for the end of the month. In concert with
these changes the policy of what can land during the next weeks was also
slightly adjusted.

To your and our convenience I can tell you that we will not only have
one golden milestone image but actually two !! For developers this also
means that instead of having a week where non TOP blocker fixes from the
bug wish list can land we will now have two weeks with full RTM archive
freezes where *only* TOP blockers from a pre-defined list are accepted
into the images. Both following weeks will follow the milestone release
process on [1]. For developers this means please have your silo with the
TOP blocker you want to fix ready by Tuesday evening, just like this
week we will freeze in the EU morning on Wednesday.

The plan for landing the respective TOP blocker fixes provides that we
land the bits in two waves ...

Wave 1 is targeted for Nov 20/21 and includes the following bugs:

http://pad.lv/1357321 QNetworkAccessManager doesn't support roaming on
Ubuntu
http://pad.lv/1391230 web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not
blank on idle
http://pad.lv/1391498 In the app scope, replace the Ubuntu icon
http://pad.lv/1336715 items in indicators sometimes get out of sync with
settings
http://pad.lv/1387214 file corruption on touch images in rw partitions
(can potentially slip into the second wave)

In preparation of some changes there are also two apparmor profile
updates that are tracked in http://pad.lv/1391930 and
http://pad.lv/1384286

Even if the final golden master will fail the above should get us in a
comfortable position (and indeed additional fixes will later flow in via
OTA upgrades)

Wave 2 (and the actual final golden master) in the next week (Nov 27/28)
will then include the following bugfixes:

http://pad.lv/1377332 UI randomly freezes
http://pad.lv/1387214 (only if it didn't make the first one)

Please, if you work on any of the above make sure the fixes are in a
silo in time and don't hold back to poke the landing team and QA to have
them processed.

ciao
	oli

PS: There is still discussion going on about including the new music-app
that we sadly had to roll back today due to one breakage and missing
smoke test support so it can be in the final golden master. Please help
the guys in #ubuntu-app-devel to test it if you like.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/MilestoneSchedule