Re: [Scope] Failure to authenticate with online accounts on recent emulator images

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 2:12 AM, Alberto Mardegan <alberto.mardegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I suspect that there might be something wrong with the parameters you pass to the OnlineAccountsClient constructor: indeed, the service-type parameter there should not be "email", but the same value you have in the <type> element of your .service file.

That was indeed the problem!  Thanks for finding it.

Note that the documentation for the OnlineAccountClient API [1] describes service-type as 'The type of service (E.g. "sharing")', while the developer guide [2] uses the RDN for the service type in the XML file. I don't know which is correct, but these two should be harmonized.

Though, I doubt that this can be the reason for the bug you are experiencing. And it's especially weird that this works on image 5 and not in the later ones; maybe something changes in unity-scopes-api?

The image 5 emulator was the one on which I spent hours of cargo-cult programming getting this to work in the first place. (This was before the developer guide was released.) So it's possible that I had accidentally made these two values the same at one point. Would they be sticky after login succeeded once?

I'm willing to leave this as an unsolved mystery, but if you think it's interesting, let me know and I can dig deeper.

Thanks again,
Robert

[1] http://developer.ubuntu.com/api/scopes/sdk-14.10/unity.scopes.OnlineAccountClient/#af1139a1b81d9d95c0c84ea52d51dc07c [2] http://developer.ubuntu.com/apps/platform/guides/online-accounts-developer-guide/#oa_packaging