Call for Testing: Unity8 Full Shell Rotation

Hi all,
First, thank you for considering to participate in this testing. Your
effort helps us find issues to fix & gain the confidence we need to
land this feature.

Background...
Recently the Unity UI team has put in effort around "full shell
rotation". This is the feature where the shell follows the application
orientations. You might have noticed the indicator panel stays put
when the messaging application moves from portrait to landscape on the
phone, this "fixes" that. Likewise, when an application is fixed to a
position out of preference, the shell will also remain in the
applications preferred orientation.

In order to deliver this feature we had to break applications
expression of orientation. Which drove us to discuss with our
Canonical stakeholders in the SDK team, Design team, and Community
applcations whether or not applications should have to express
rotation support (opt-in) or rotate all applications by default,
unless they specify their orientations (opt-out). We collectively
decided it's best to have an opt-out approach. We've included this
change into this ppa for testing. So it's a great opportunity for
application developers to update their applications and test ahead of
our landing.

the plan....
Everything you need to know is here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity8/FullShellRotation

I will ask for a little grace on this as I feel I may have pushed this
out a bit early. The feature is working on phone but there are
definitely issues on unity8-desktop & tablets that would prevent us
from landing. However I felt like making this call for testing now was
important to start getting feedback and ready folks for the idea of
opt-out application rotation. That being said we'll probably keep this
call for testing open a bit longer than one might expect to both get
comfortable & confident with the change, as well as make the final bug
fixes/polish needed to get it landed.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Thanks for testing!
br,kg