Landing team 21.11.14

Hello everyone,

Regression testing of image #166 has finished! After reviewing the
results, we decided to include one more fix and re-spinning a new image.
The QML-cache issue was causing too much confusion and made it hard to
identify new problems, so we decided that the promoted image needs to
include the fix for it before we can proceed.

But no worries. QA has decided that there will be no need to re-do the
testing, but a sanity test + delta test will be enough. Image #167 has
finished building and is now in the testing queue - and, if all goes
well, will be promoted later today.

There is also one more potential blocker that has been noticed - bug LP:
#1394919 [1]. It has not been marked as a one yet because the
user-impact and severity is not easily testable.

In case you're using image #166 (ubuntu-rtm #137 for mako) or newer,
please keep a look-out for any session-crashes or similar.

We will follow up on this e-mail once we have a promotion decision.

In the meantime, vivid development continues! We will start focusing on
image promotions from the devel channel once we finally release our
golden image for ubuntu-rtm/14.09.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#28 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/28.commitlog

#167 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/167.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#28 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/28:20141121:20141119/11444/

(#138 not yet tested)
#137 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/137:20141119:20141119/11432/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** [TOPBLOCKER] web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on
idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present
 -> Oxide fix ready, waiting for the pulseaudio part - whitelisted for
the #167 promotion

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** New alarm at 7:28 AM in 33326 days
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1390992

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** [1] constant crash in trying to collect info for recoverable error
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1394919
 - Please keep your eyes opened for this one!

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak