Landing team 24.11.14

Hello everyone,

Throughout the weekend many users had some time to assess the
cgmanager-related issues we reported. The end verdict: the bug we're
seeing is nothing more than a previous topblocker that was invalidly
marked as fixed while one of the tasks is still open. It seems to happen
rather frequently but only after a longer time of phone-usage. We are
now trying to locate the issue and find a fix.

Since the issue at hand seems to be difficult, we're not completely sure
if we'll be able to get a fix in time. Fingers crossed...

As for our other remaining topblocker - a fix for pulseaudio is now
ready and entered the QA sign-off queue. Thanks Ricardo! This will leave
only the leftover issue as our promotion blocker for the golden image
this week.
So for now we are proceeding to the standard milestone schedule.

On the vivid side: we noticed the return of autopilot crashes during
smoketesting on the AP dashboard. We saw the same issue some time ago
but thought it disappeared. We would appreciate some help on tracing
back the crashes and identifying the problem.

Oh, and those that missed last week's follow up: we had a promotion on
Friday - image #9 appeared in the ubuntu-rtm/14.09 channel for your
convenience.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#31 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/31.commitlog
#30 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/30.commitlog
#29 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/29.commitlog

#168 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/168.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#31 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/31:20141124:20141119/11478/

#139 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/139:20141121.1:20141119/11456/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** [TOPBLOCKER] web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on
idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present
 -> Pulseaudio fix in the queue

** [TOPBLOCKER] UI randomly freezes
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1377332
 => Merge requests present
 -> The cgmanager issue, no real fix yet

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** New alarm at 7:28 AM in 33326 days
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1390992

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214
 -> The main part is fixed, waiting for the adbd parts

** constant crash in trying to collect info for recoverable error of
cgmanager
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1394919
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak