Landing team 04.12.14

Hello everyone,

We have an image promotion for vivid! This essentially is our first
officially promoted image in the vivid channel. Image #39 passed QA
criteria for almost all the supported platforms. I mentioned 'almost',
since there have been 2 issues noticed during testing on the manta device.

So, whenever you wish to use ubuntu-touch/vivid channel on your manta
device, please be aware of the following two bugs:
 - http://pad.lv/1398945 - Alarms are not set on manta devices
 - http://pad.lv/1398961 - Local music does not play
We decided to promote even with these issues because the overall quality
of the image is much much higher, with many previous problems fixed. We
will make sure these issues are treated with top priority and fixed for
next vivid promotion.

All other platforms (mako, krillin, flo, emulator) don't have these
problems, effectively offering many enhancements and features.

But please remember: the vivid (devel) channel is for development
purposes, so everything thing in there can change rapidly. If you want a
stable system we recommend using ubuntu-rtm/14.09 instead.
With this promotion, the devel channel should now point to vivid images
as well.

We will now be switching context back to ubuntu-rtm again. Our plan is
to land silo 16 containing new powerd and upower packages, which can fix
some of the dbus noise we're seeing in the images.

Also, as most of you noticed, we had an outage of CI Train today. The
issue is still being worked on but the train should be back up and
operational again in the nearest hour. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#42 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/42.commitlog

#172 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/172.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

(network issues with smoketesting)

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

N/A

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Manta vivid 39 no music plays either from the scope or from the music
app however it does from grooveshark
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398961

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak