ANNOUNCEMENT: QA landing classes and thresholds

Hello everyone,

If you are a lander or a user of the CI Train for the ubuntu-rtm
distribution please make sure you familiarize with this e-mail.

As proposed by QA, starting tomorrow we will be introducing some
additional rules regarding silo handling for ubuntu-rtm. Please remember
this only applies to ubuntu-rtm landings - vivid/devel stays the same as
it was.

Since QA has limited resources for silo sign-off and the new rules for
silo testing are still not ready, a new solution has been invented. A
new notion of so-called 'Landing Classes' will be introduced. The
classes are applied per-team and at the beginning all teams start in
class 2. The detailed documentation can be found here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/LandingClasses

With this proposal in effect, we kindly ask everyone to try and submit
as many fixes possible and allowed by the current class caried. As an
example: when being in class 2, it is recommended that when requesting a
silo for QA sign-off and landing into ubuntu-rtm, the selected silo
would have 3 fixes submitted as branches. If there are more fixes than
this number, until reaching class 3 it is required to split those into
separate silos.

We will see how these new rules work in practice and adjust them as
needed. In case of questions, feel free to reach out to the QA team on IRC.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak