Re: Custom Online Account app example

On 12/14/2014 08:06 PM, Bogdan Cuza wrote:
> Oh, probably didn't save it in the editor, didn't even notice, thank
> you, but it still doesn't work :( BTW, my email client probably sent a
> private email instead of one on the list, so sorry for the delay

I tried your plugin, and I noticed two issues:

1) pushbullet.com requires the LocalStorage to be enabled. I think that
this is a bug on their side, I seriously doubt that they need it while
just doing the OAuth flow... I contacted them, and also opened a task on
our side:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts/+bug/1402543

But honestly, I'm a bit reluctant to make that change.

2) After working around the above issue (if you want to try for
yourself, just add the line

    preferences.localStorageEnabled: true

in
/usr/lib/*/ubuntu-system-settings/private/Ubuntu/OnlineAccounts/Plugin/WebView.qml

the authentication succeeds, but the webview is not being redirected to
the callback URI; I suspect that when you created your application in
the pushbulled website you didn't specify the same redirect URI which
you wrote in the provider file. We don't get redirected there, so the
account plugin stays open on the pushbullet website.

Ciao,
  Alberto