Re: Custom Online Account app example

Hi Bogdan,

On 12/12/2014 06:04 PM, Bogdan Cuza wrote:
> Hi!
> I am looking for a very simple example of a click app using a custom
> online account. To tell the truth, the developer's guide
> <http://developer.ubuntu.com/apps/platform/guides/online-accounts-developer-guide> is
> a little different from say the untappd scope code and it's lacking a
> subsection (there's a "Using the configured accounts
> <http://developer.ubuntu.com/apps/platform/guides/online-accounts-developer-guide/#oa_using_configured_accounts>"
> subsection, but what about creating my own). Could someone give me a
> working example of this? I am fine with whatever online account, as long
> as it's not one of the pre-installed ones.

It's not clear to me whether the problem you have is with creating a new
account plugin or with using it. But I think that the developer guide
you linked covers both aspects.

Anyway, as an example of an application which ships its own account
plugin and uses it is lp:reminders-app. It's actually quite a complex
case, with the account plugin shipping also a binary QML module, so I'm
quite confident that your case would be much simpler.

If you could tell what service you are trying to access, I can try to
help you in writing the plugin (if it's OAuth-based, it should be fairly
easy).

Ciao,
  Alberto