Landing team 16.12.14

Hello everyone,

Today everyone is rushing to get as many possible critical RTM fixes in
silos. Please remember that for a change to still make it for our
milestone this week you have to have the fix prepared and passing your
manual tests in a silo. This way QA can still use the time tomorrow to
get it signed off and into an image that we will kick off later that
they - which will essentially become our promotion candidate.

The list of leftover critical issues is still big, but many of the bugs
seen there are either in the middle of landing or pending in silos. We
have also finally landed the ubuntu-rtm silo 007 which has the new
redesigned Unity8 manage dash and scopes view. This has already landed
in vivid some time ago and now it will also be available in ubuntu-rtm.

We will be shutting the landing gates for new silos tomorrow in the UTC
morning. Vivid/devel landings will continue normally.

A quick notice to everyday ubuntu-rtm users, as it might have not been
properly announced: if you are using the ubuntu-touch/ubuntu-rtm/14.09
channel, we recommend switching to ubuntu-touch/stable now instead. We
have set up the ubuntu-touch/stable channel to always point to the
current stable images - currently ubuntu-rtm/14.09 (but this might
change in the future). The documentation [1] still needs to be updated,
but it's best to use ubuntu-touch/stable for ubuntu-rtm images.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#55 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/55.commitlog

#180 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/180.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#55 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/55:20141215:20141213/11665/

#151 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/151:20141216:20141119/11673/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
[1] http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

None yet.

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Manta vivid 39 no music plays either from the scope or from the music
app however it does from grooveshark
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398961

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak