Landing team 14.01.15

Hello everyone,

As per our earlier announcement, the landing gates for ubuntu-rtm are
now closed. Due to an urgent product-team enforced landing everything
got slightly delayed, but we have finally landed all required components
and built a new image - an this one will essentially be our promotion
candidate for the current milestone.
Vivid landings continue normally.

Today we had quite a few landings happening in ubuntu-rtm. Most of them
have been typical bug-fixing landings, such as the new Unity8 fix for
the power dialog appearing after resume. Vivid stayed rather quiet so
far regarding Ubuntu Touch though. Everyone is busy with getting the
number of critical bugs for RTM down.

A quick note: we have noticed some issues in the ubuntu-rtm autopilot
smoketesting. It seems that for almost every test suite there is now a
new unity-scopes-scoperunner crash visible since krillin image #192. QA
and our dogfooders have confirmed that there are seemingly no new
crashes during everyday usage, but please have your eyes opened for any
strange scope behavior.

Let's hope for another ubuntu-rtm promotion soon.

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#64 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/64.commitlog

#193 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/193.commitlog
#192 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/192.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#64 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/64:20150113:20141213/12018/

#162 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/162:20150114:20141119/12030/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945
 -> Still waiting for an update...

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak