Landing team 13.01.15

Hello everyone,

We are nearing the deadline for fixes for this milestone. Upstreams have
time till EOD to submit their changes in silos - but there are two
things to be noted. First, QA has limited resources, so if tomorrow
there are too many silos submitted for sign-off last-minute, some of
them will not be able to make it in time. Secondly: only fixes from the
milestone [1] are accepted to land.

Today we had more landings happening in overall. The ubuntu-rtm
distribution had many releases, with a big Mir package-set waiting in
the release queue right now. All of those have bugfixes from our
critical list. Vivid had new UITK and Unity7 releases happening.

We have also kicked a new ubuntu-rtm image build recently, compensating
for the missing nightly build which we had to disable due to
custom-tarball testing. Now all is in place and we are waiting for the
new image to finish. This image will also ship with the new music-app
that has been just uploaded to the store (fixing cases of track searching).

Promotion image testing starts tomorrow!

[1]
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww03-2015

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#64 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/64.commitlog

#191 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/191.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#64 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/64:20150113:20141213/12018/

#160 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/160:20150112:20141119/12007/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Autopilot tests fail due to system settings not being able to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1409809
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945
 -> One bug down, only this one is left!

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak