Landing team 26.01.15

Hello everyone,

As announced in an earlier e-mail the landing gates are now closed for
ubuntu-rtm. Normally we were doing that on Wednesday UTC morning, but
since most important changes already landed and we want to be perfectly
safe this time, decision has been made to freeze a bit earlier. Vivid
landings continue normally.

Lots of goodies landing recently. Both vivid and ubuntu-rtm have now
improved handling of large SD-card file amounts in camera-app, with the
gallery-app improvements in the works in a silo. The messaging-app also
landed improvements for the message search functionality. All in all,
things look really nice for both distributions so far.

Once the few important left-over silos land we will kick an ubuntu-rtm
promotion candidate image on which QA will start its testing process.

We were also missing autopilot smoketesting results for the few last
images due to some problems in initializing the tests. It seems a
premature switch of the focus branch of one of our core apps was the
cause and now everything should be good once again. The next images
should have normal smoketesting results - let's just hope that all the
recent modifications didn't break anything!

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#78 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/78.commitlog
#77 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/77.commitlog
#76 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/76.commitlog
#75 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/75.commitlog

#213 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/213.commitlog
#212 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/212.commitlog
#211 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/211.commitlog
#210 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/210.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

N/A
(but once again re-enabled)

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** gallery app crashes when user removes the SD card
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1414601
 => Merge requests present

** Location indicator switches are off and won't switch on if HERE T&Cs
were not accepted in the wizard
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1414610

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Repeating alarms appear disabled in clock app after it went off once
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1411171
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak