Unity8 & Mir update Jan 27

   -

   Latest in Unity8 ui
   -

      Continuing work around Dash and Scopes navigational changes per
      design team input
      -

      Full shell rotation feature branches being maintained & last mile on
      getting automated testing in place, on the verge of landing look for
      another announcement mail soon
      -

      Achieved an alpha of qtmir running 2 outputs to support multimonitor,
      Mir guys are looking to integrated their support with that
      -

      Working on plumbing Unity8 for using Mir API’s for menus, dialogs etc
      -

      Work ongoing around shell config switching (e.g. between mobile and
      desktop presentations based on some trigger)
      -

      Early work on menuing for Unity8 on the desktop experience
      -

      Continuing to iterate with the design team on the idea of prompts
      (dialogs) vs notifications
      -

      Delivered helpers for Autopilot testing of rotation, assisting in the
      integration
      -

      Accomplished killing all the “critical” bugs for RTM lock down!
      yeehaw!
      -

      And work continues on those remaining non-critical bugs for RTM
      -

   Latest in Mir
   -

      Added semantic API for menuing, dialogs & tooltips
      -

      Continue to work on making our input platform dynamic, as well as
      integrating libinput functionality alongside our android input (getting
      close to landing on devel)
      -

      Proposal up for MirEvent2.0 being used by the core of Mir
      -

      Some work/struggle around fixing CI, new builders in place (thanks CI
      team)
      -

      Near to proposing working external displays on Android devices, will
      integrate with the qtmir work mentioned above.
      -

      Backported 2 nice bug fixes from our vivid branch into our branch
      feeding RTM
      -

      Refactoring internal classes to properly reflect an MVC scheme; the
      default window management to undergird new semantic API, also
assisting in
      plumbing effort for Unity8
      -

      A series of MPs up to hook toolkits to Mir’s event-loop dispatch
      mechanism.
      -

      Intelligent detection and loading of server platform library.
      -

      Refactoring platform specific code out of Mir proper.
      -

      S/w cursor added, but doing a little rework already to prevent just
      appearing
      - BufferStream handling added