Setting up and running a Debian chroot on Ubuntu Touch

Hi

Most the thing I want to do on my Ubuntu Touch Nexus 4 involve
installing packages which are not available on the RTM versions (mosh,
cryptestup, mutt etc), and running the devel version, installing
additional packages and updating using apt-get often results in a phone
that won't boot and which needs to be re-flashed.

So I have made a start at getting a Debian chroot running, using
debbootstrap, I did the initial install on devel and then switch to RTM,
but now I'm stuck, I can't seem to mount the chroot with exec
permissions:

  mount -o remount,exec,dev,rw,relatime /home/debian.img /home/debian
  chroot /home/debian /bin/bash
    chroot: failed to run command '/bin/bash': Permission denied
  mount | grep debian.img
    /home/debian.img on /home/debian type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)

Any suggestions how to solve this?

All the best

Chris

--