Beru no longer runs from Qt Creator

Hi all,

I've been banging my head against this for quite a few hours and am getting nowhere, so maybe someone out there can help: Sometime in the past few months, Beru [1] has lost the ability to be run from within Qt Creator. When I hit the run button, it compiles, makes a click package, and puts in the device, although with the launcher script. And then it pops up a dialog, "Could not find the executable, please specify one" [2]. If I put a command in there, it tries to run it in the build chroot.

When I look at the project tab, I see that the "Run configuration" is set to "Custom Executable", and it has various options for the executable and command line. In contrast, if I create a new project, it has a "Run configuration" of the name of the project and no options. I've tried deleting my *.user file from Beru, but this persists. I've tried copying over the relevant bits from the *.user file in the new project into Beru's copy, but they get overwritten as soon as Qt Creator starts. I've tried cloning Beru into a new directory, and Qt Creator sets the new project up the exact same way.

As I said, this used to work a few months ago. I don't think I've changed anything build-related since then. I do know Qt Creator and its Ubuntu plugins have been updated since then, so I suspect something changed. Can anyone think of what it is, or point me in the direction of someone who would know.

It should be noted that Beru's build system is not the standard one you'd get from starting with the QML+extension template, for historical reasons. Don't assume that my CMakeLists files have what you expect them to have.

Thanks,
Robert

[1] https://github.com/rschroll/beru
[2] This one: http://i.stack.imgur.com/MZ5s3.png