Re: Developer mode, and when ADB is enabled

I think it works the same as MTP. You have to unlock first to show the device storage. And I confirm that open ADB connections won't be dropped when the device locks.
      From: Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: Benjamin Zeller <benjamin.zeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ubuntu-phone <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 10:07 AM
 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Developer mode, and when ADB is enabled

W dniu 12.02.2015 o 10:04, Benjamin Zeller pisze:
> Yes it says " adb should only accept new connections if screen is
> unlocked" but as I understood
> it is that if the screen gets locked again your adb connection is
> dropped. But I maybe got that wrong?

AFAIK, an established connection will remain active when you lock, but
it won't accept new ones. Remember that's "a connection" is a single adb
command, not a usb connection. So if your phone locks, any subsequent
adb connections will be rejected.

But also, long-term plan, I believe, is to authorize (and remember)
machines by id, same as Android does.

--
Sq