Re: Pay UI purchased failed

On 02/12/2015 11:27 AM, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 15:21 -0200, Martin Albisetti wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Randy Olive <randy.jr.olive@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone!
>>>
>>> So I've been trying to purchase Micheal Hall's uReadit Dev, mostly because I
>>> wanted to see how the pay system works.
>>>
>>> I've tried several times and I keep getting purchased failed. I'm trying to
>>> use paypal, my account name and password are all entered correctly (i tried
>>> many times).
>>>
>>> is there some trick to this, or maybe the pay UI is broken?
>>>
>>> Has anyone else experienced this problem?
>>
>> (now with reply-all)
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you check to see if you have a PayUI update pending on the phone?
>> We fixed a bug there when purchasing with PayPal.
>
> That was a separate issue and always resulted in an "Authentication
> failure" web page being displayed. This is getting far past that point
> and seems to be a server-side failure, as the client is being pointed at
> the /failure/ URL redirect which tells us to display this error message.

I'm up to date, but am having problems too. First is that a timeout is being
reached in getting to PayPal. After a Retry or two (or three) I am presented
with the PayPal page, but then I'm unable to bring up the OSK. I filed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/oxide-qt/+bug/1421353 just now for the
OSK bug.