Re: webapps and automated cache expiration

hi,
Am Montag, den 23.02.2015, 10:40 -0600 schrieb Ted Gould:

> > should we perhaps have some auto expiration of cache files for (web)apps
> > here ?
>
> In general, I think we should allow apps to maintain their own cache.
> But perhaps we could delete the cache directories of apps that haven't
> been used in say a week? If we're not running an app, it won't have a
> chance to clean up on its own. This should be pretty easy to implement
> if there's agreement that we want it, we're already tracking app
> usage, just about adding a job to check the usage and clean up.

well, the biggest caches i see here are from apps using the
webapp-container ... the browser itself also has ~200M cache in
there ... i think the browser and webapp-container both should have some
auto expiration mechanism that deletes data if it is ... say ... older
than 4 weeks ...

i agree for other apps that the developer should take care for this
though (but perhaps our framework should offer some snippet you can use
that cleans old files automatically or some such) ...

oh, and there is a 65M big zeitgeist dir too that i would expect to
clean up itself after some time ...

ciao
	oli