Re: Gestures tutorial

On 7 March 2015 at 00:42, Stefano Verzegnassi <stefano92.100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why not using a custom JSON profile for ubuntu-terminal-app? It would also
> be useful for testing new features.

> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-terminal-dev/ubuntu-terminal-app/reboot/view/head:/src/app/qml/KeyboardRows/Layouts/SimpleCommands.json

This is the best idea I have heard all week, so I made one.

https://code.launchpad.net/~popey/ubuntu-terminal-app/ubuntu-commands

Stick this UbuntuCommands.json on your phone in
~/.config/com.ubuntu.terminal/Layouts/

Open the terminal and you'll get a new keyboard overlay with two
options "Welcome" and "Version". Welcome does what Niklas posted
above, and Version just does a "system-image-cli --info" which often
handy.

Here's what it looks like in action:-

http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-03-07-145104.png
http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-03-07-145114.png
http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-03-07-145122.png
http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-03-07-145132.png

I added a "sudo reboot" in the command so it asks for your
pin/password and then reboots the phone, ready for you to hand to
someone for a demo. I called it "Ubuntu Commands" because they really
are very specific to Ubuntu rather than generic shell commands.
Suggestions for others to add would be most welcome. We'd also love to
see more of these JSON profiles, and could feature them in a future
release of the terminal app.

Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy